Monday, November 1, 2010

"Have no fear Silvano is here!"

This week was a pretty good one. It was a busy one that's for sure. It seems like time doesn't exist and you are always doing something or have something that is taking your time. We have not stopped going for a while now. There is never a pause. Take this morning. We go to take our laundry to a washateria and our car starts acting weird. We lose power steering and then it starts going in and out of power. We eventually get it close to our apartment and push it into the lot. The battery was leaking acid, and we were stuck. So we called upon the great Brother Dimmick. The Dimmick's house the south Elders, so he came with the south Elders and we got the battery out and took it in. They ran tests on it and an hour later we received a new battery. By the time it was all said and done it was about 12:50. Crazy. Not even P-day is a safe day anymore. But today we are going to head down to League City for our Zone activity. So that will give us some time to play.
 
This week went well like I said. We had a stake conference with Elder Roberts of the Seventy and the Saylins. It was great. The children were really loud in our section so it was hard to hear but overall it was a good conference. Then later that night we had to go in early. Nothing too exciting on Halloween. One of our investigators has a nice motorcycle and he dressed up like a zombie ghost rider and was scaring a bunch of kids. That was pretty funny. He has a good heart though. He hates making kids cry, but he loves to shock them or creep them out momentarily.
 
So I know that this email is very short but we are all really pressed for time. Sharing a car doesn't help much either. They want tot get to the activity really soon so we are all trying our best to make sure we get done with emails fast.
 
I just wanted to make a quick note about some of our new investigators. One of them is a referral who was meeting with missionaries in Nebraska and told us that he wants to be baptized. He knows that the church is true and is excited to be here. He has also been talking with his mother and his mother is very interested in the gospel. He is great. Then one of our other new investigators is a member referral. He told us in our first meeting that he wants to be baptized and that he wants to learn more. We have taught him twice and in one week he came to church and he is in 1 Nephi 20. Things just seem to be falling into our laps. It is great. I feel so blessed from my Father in Heaven who just wants what is best for me and who is letting Elder Richardson and I be a part of his miracles and His work. I am soooooo happy. I would give anything if I could be a missionary for another 2 years. I just past my 18 month mark of my mission. I don't want to have any letters or emails telling me that I am coming home soon. It is not soon. That is a long long long time away. That is the way that I want to think of it. I wish it could last forever.
 
I love ya'll and have a great week.
 
love,
 
ELDER MARR

No comments:

Post a Comment