Monday, November 8, 2010

A week!? It felt like a day to me!

This week went by faster than any week I have ever had on my mission that I can remember. It slays me how fast this past week went and the many things which happened. There have been so many things happening that it seems out of the norm if we have a normal week. I love it.
 
This week our car had some troubles. We had to take it into the Toyota dealer in Sugar Land. One hour away. On the highway to the dealership it broke down and the alternator stopped working. Luckily we were next to an off ramp. So we exited the highway and coasted to a business parking lot. We had a tow truck pick us up and take us there. Our whole Tuesday was shot but it was an interesting day.
 
Our ward had a huge Thanksgiving dinner at the church on Sunday. I love turkey. Always have and always will. It was a great dinner. Most of the ward showed up for it and we had a good time. I really like this ward even though i do not know many of them very well. Most of the ward lives in the other Elders area. I do like the members though. There are a lot of couples in the ward and families that you would not guess to be husband and wife. It is really cool. Everyone is very different from one another but all seem to get along just fine.
 
I don't have too much time this week so this will be one of my shortest emails. P-day is always a rush. Our plan for this week is to actually do something other than chores or all the other stuff we have to take care of. I love you all and I hope that this week goes well for you all. I know that this church is true and I know that Thomas Monson is a true prophet and that the twelve apostles are really God's apostles. They either are or they are not. I know that they are. This is not just a church. It is so much more than just a church. It is a way of life. I love you all and I exhort you all to read the Book of Mormon and really ponder it's message when you read. And then to pray about it. It is the word of God.
 
love,
 
ELDER MARR

No comments:

Post a Comment