Monday, November 22, 2010

HUO JI DAY!!!!!!!

Cold, hot, cold, hot cold, cold, cold, hot. The weather here will not calm down. It won't make up its mind either. I never thought that the temperature could be in the high 70's low 80's and then you wake up the next day and walk outside and it is in the 50's. It has been crazy. You never know what to prepare for. It could be anything. today it is in the 70's but it is extremely humid. So weird. Texas just wont calm down. It keeps life exciting though.
 
This past week was a good one. Elder Richardson got sick though which was not so good. He is doing better now. Luckily I haven't cough what he has yet and he has been sick for a few days. My immune system is pretty strong so I hope that I can fight off whatever is in the air. He has been pretty messed up the past few days. But like I said he is doing good now. It is starting to go away. Besides his sickness there have been a lot of people getting sick. Probably because of the crazy weather. Who knows.
 
This week we had a fireside in Friendswood. It was really great. The speakers were wonderful and hearing their testimonies always touches my heart. Being in the Friendswood building also touched my heart. As we drove through Friendswood on our way to the church my mind went back to one year ago when I first arrived in Friendswood. The memory of eating Thanksgiving dinner at the Livesay home is still fresh in my memory. It literally feels like last month. I can remember the food and where I sat at the table. It is such a strong memory and it feels so recent. My life seems to be flashing before my eyes. Not that I am dying but that time just goes fast. I ,almost can't believe that it was a year ago that I was in Friendswood. I spoke to the missionaries who are currently serving in Friendswood and spoke to them about the work that was going on there and I asked them how the a family that I worked with while I was there were doing. They made me feel such joy when they told me that they are extremely active in the church. It made me so grateful that the Lord has giving me these experiences in my life to be able to help others join the church and receive testimonies of their own. I am so grateful that I am able to be out here sharing the gospel and doing what matters most for these people.
 
With Thanksgiving this week I want to end my email with some of the things that i am most grateful for. I am so grateful above all else that Jesus Christ sacrificed himself for me. That because of him and what he has done that I can be forgiven and that I can change my ways and be able to live with God forever. The fact that someone loves me so much that he was wiling to take upon himself all of my pains and all of my problems and help me with them. I am also so grateful that I know the truth and that I have been privileged to be a member of Jesus Christ's church. What a blessing as well to have direction from Him through prayer and through a prophet. I know that this is the true church and that you can get closer to God by following the teachings of His church than any other way. This is the Church of Jesus Christ and I am so grateful that I have it in my life.
 
love,
 
ELDER MARR
 

No comments:

Post a Comment