Monday, April 4, 2011

General Conference Weekened. We have been fed!

This week was a good one. We had some of our investigators come out to conference with us. Armando Escobito and John Adams. It was a good weekend. I especially loved the talks gave by Elder Bednar, President Uchtdorf, President Monson (especially his priesthood session talk for those who heard it), and Elder Holland. Elder Holland's talk was great that he emphasized the importance of conference and what it can do for all of us. He spoke of fulfilled prophecy and of the special expereince that is general conference. It really helped me to understand that I need to cherish the gospel more and be more grateful. In between sessions we went out contacting. Trying to talk to all that we see. It came more naturally to bring up modern day prophets and apostles to these people. Yet so many people are stuck in what they believe. I talked with one lady this week who seemed to me to fulfill prophecy gave in the 28th chapter of 2 Nephi. I told her about the Book of Mormon and the blessing it is to have more of The Lord's word. She told me that she had the word of God and didn't need any more. Because she had enough. It is a little sad when people shut the door as it were on what you have to say. It is all worthwhile to find those who are willing to accept what you have to say and have the faith enough and humility enough to ask the Lord if our message is true. I love it! I have been able to teach so many people who are so sincere in trying to find more purpose and meaning to life and who want to just know the truth.

I love the gospel. Hearing the words of modern day prophets and apostles is a marvelous blessing. Having a modern day prophet is more valuable to us than a dead prophet. Even though what they speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost is scripture having a modern day prophet warns us of dangers not experienced by prophets before him.

Elder Bednar spoke about light. I loved his talk. It goes hand in hand with President Uchdorf's talk on the Melchizedek priesthood and its privileges. How I wish I could have these great sermons printed today and not have to wait a month. I loved conference. I learned a lot and I know some big things that I need to change to come into conformity with what will make me most happy and what the will of God is for me.

To all of those brethren who read this blog/email whatever it is. I challenge all of you who hold the priesthood to study the sections that President Uchdorf asked all of us to study. I sadly can only remember 3 of the sections off the top of my head. Read Doctrine and Covenents section 20, 84, and 107. These will tell us what our duties are, the promises we make and that the Lord makes with us, and the gifts, powers, and blessings of the two priesthoods. These things are important and are gave to us to let us know how to be sanctified by the Holy Ghost through the magnifying of our callings and priesthood.

I love my life. I am quite sad yet have a piece of joy that my mission will be ending so soon. I only have one month left. I love my mission and all that has happened in it. I thank all of you for your faith and for your prayers. I would ask you to do something for me and for someone else. Sister Jennifer Saylin our mission president's wife is pregnant. There have been a few complications and she may have a premature baby a few months before she should be giving birth. She is in the hospital right now and has been for about a week. I ask you to pray that she will not give birth to the baby for some time. They are in need of many prayers and much faith. They are great people who love the Lord very much. Sister Saylin has a laptop and her phone and is still fulfilling her calling in taking care of sick missionaries and giving them advice and guidance and co-coordinating doctor’s appointments. Please pray for her and for the baby.

love,

ELDER MARR

No comments:

Post a Comment