Monday, March 28, 2011

Hot and Cold

Last P-day was a sad one indeed. Several missionaries ended there service of 2 years. We had to meet Elder Howard at the mission home to take him with us for a few days until transfer meeting. I was able to say my final goodbyes to Elder Hall. He is a great guy and I hope that he reads this and then sends me some letters and stuff.

So this past week went pretty well. We had some disappointments with some of our investigators but some great strides with others. There is a lot of potential in this ward. We are teaching some great people and they are sincere. We have been teaching a man by the name of Armando for quite some time. He just set a date for his baptism this past week. He will be baptized shortly before i leave the mission field. We have been working with him my whole time here. He reads the Book of Mormon every day and knows that it is true. Our lesson with him was not very usual. In our lesson this past week the majority of our lesson was describing what the spirit feels like and sharing our experiences with it. I shared with him my experience of how I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet and Elder Moreno shared some of his experiences. It went really well. He then shared what he felt as he has been reading the Book of Mormon and an experience he had in his yard. He said that he was watering a plant a few days before we came over and was just thinking about different things. He then said that he had a scripture pop into his mind very strongly that he had read form the Book of Mormon. Then he said that it was so clear that he could almost read it in his mind. I do not remember what scripture it was but it was talking about forgiving others or you will not be forgiven. He then decided that he was going to forgive one of his co-workers that had wronged him. He said it was a great experience and the scriptures helped him to be a better person.

As we spoke to him in our lesson he began to realize that it was the spirit that did all of this for him and helped him feel these feelings and have this scripture pop into his mind. We then set a goal for his baptism. He is excited and sees how the gospel has been helping him to be a better husband and father and how he has been more patient and loving to his family and co-workers. He is a good man and evidence of how the gospel can bless you if you are willing to "experiment upon the word." His seed has grown and now he has felt the light of the gospel lift him to be a higher person and a encourage him to be a better person by expanding his capacities.

I love the gospel!

Elder Moreno and I this week biked for about 6 hours straight. No one let us in to teach them so we were outside all day long. It ended up being a good day and in the evening we had a wonderful lesson with a less-active family and a great visit with Bishop Owens. But it was warm. mid 80's with about 90 something percent humidity. Elder Moreno was dying. He has not experienced humidity like this before. I can just imagine what my trainer must have thought about me and how I could not stand the heat when I first got in the field. I love it though. I am going to freeze when I get off the plane (I'm not trunky). It is going to be in the mid to high 90's early May. And at home it won't be near that temperature.

So there is a member in our ward whose son wrote a New Era article in this month New Era. It is the one about the grandfather and the grandson working on the car. It is by Justin Gessel. He is on his mission now but the article is in the New Era.

We had a R.M. come and bear his testimony yesterday in church and he also went to the same dinner as us. He is a lot like me and it was like getting a trailer of the movie of my life for what it's going to be like after I get home. It was really strange. Like, REALLY STRANGE. He is a lot like me and R.M.'s are weird. i think I am going to be a little bit of a goof when I get home. Readjusting and all that jazz.

Anyways. This week is going to be a good one. We have a few great people who will be getting baptized in the next few weeks. I really look forward to that. I will let yall know more as their baptisms get closer. I love yall and keep reading from the scriptures. They will tell you all thinks that you should do. As well as following the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Have a great week and I love yall.

ELDER MARR

No comments:

Post a Comment