Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Turning up the Heat

This week it was hotter than usual. The temperature here in Texas has been crazy hot. Besides one day for an hour of sprinkling and about 5 minutes of actual rain it has not rained since early January. So hopefully I bring some of that back with me when I come back to Washington. But I want rain. I am getting tired of seeing a cloud that is a little dark and being extremely excited hoping that it is going to rain. And then it doesn't. It has been a little hot lately too. For the past week and a half it has been in the low to mid 80's with two of those days being in the low 90's. It's hot but not that hot.

Anyways, this week we went to the temple. We were in the earliest session and went through with President Saylin. It was a very sacred experience. Our session of 15 missionaries got to go to a sealing of an office senior couple here in the mission. It was a very special experience. They have a son who has passed away and they were sealed to him as well. Elder Whippy was proxy for their deceased son. It was a very special experience and a powerful one. We all felt the spirit strongly and many if not all shed a few tears. It is an experience that I will not soon forget.

When we came out of the temple we took a few pictures and I took some with past companions. Elder Hansen and Elder Cayas were both there. It was strange that this was the last time that I would see them as a missionary...... Weird. I love those two Elders. I have loved all of my companions. It has been one of my favorite blessings of my mission. I have made friends that i will have forever. I am going to miss them. I love my areas, i love the people that I teach, I love to teach, I love to be a missionary, but the two biggest things that i will miss will be feeling the spirit this much and this intensely and being away from my close friends in the mission field. I feel almost like Alma the younger when traveling to a city to preach. At this point he had not seen his brethren, the sons of Mosiah, for 14 years. They were rebellious together, they spent time together, they saw an angel together, they were converted together, and they preached separately but the same message. Then he sees them and as the record says he was overcome with joy because they were still his brethren in the Lord. I have that feeling sometimes when i see some of the missionaries that I have become so close to. We have served together, been more converted together, has special spiritual experiences together, and preached the same message together and then later apart. I will miss these great missionaries I have come to know on my mission who have served with zeal and with love. I hope to be more like some of my companions one day and more like those missionaries who serve with such care and love. There is still time.

I love this time of my mission. To be perfectly honest I don’t think i am coming home in 2 weeks. My mind just doesn't let it register. It seems to me like a joke or something. Don't get me wrong I am very excited about coming home and being able to spend time with each of you but i just have such a hard time understanding that there are only 2 weeks left and then it will be over for a very long time. I wish I could get a 2 year extension. *sigh*

Anyways you guys only get one more of these after this one so I love ya. Look forward to sending you a message next week. And maybe one the week after but I have no idea.

I love you all and keep reading the Book of Mormon and going to the temple. If I had to choose one or the other it would be the hardest decision of my life.

love,

ELDER MARR

P.S. Be good and go to church. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment