Tuesday, January 4, 2011

THE NEW YEAR

Wow!!! 2010 went by fast. Now we just have another year until the end of the world. We hear that a lot from people on the street we talk to. You may not know it but a lot of people really do think that the world is going to end in 2012. It's not. But people think it is with all of these shows and stuff like that. But it is making people think about their lives and if they should be living the way that they are. Which is a good thing. But they are getting scared and stuff. Some people at least. We get asked all the time lately. I always just try to tell people that if he were to come tomorrow would you be ready? Then we talk about how we can be ready and should live our lives as if he was coming tomorrow.
 
This week.......not normal. Well no week is normal. Not a normally weird week. Elder Schaat took the spot of Elder Breeze in the north area. He is now with Elder Hoggard. They had a baptism this past weekend. Right after the baptism Elder Hoggard went to the hospital because of his headaches. He just got out yesterday. He has been having a rough time with his physical well being. He is a good missionary and looks for the good and doesn't complain much. They aren't able to find what is wrong with him and cant figure out how to help him. He has had some bad headaches before and cured them but now it is because of something else. Keep him in your prayers. He is a great man and very new on the mission. He has only been out a month and a half and is having medical problems. He is back to work as for right now and is bearing with the pain. I hope the doctors will be able to find out what is wrong with him to be able to cure it all.
 
I am not a good writer. Letters or emails. I am not able to express myself adequately in writing. I feel like Moroni who talks about how he wishes that he could write better and be "mighty in writing." But I am not and I don't have the help of writing scriptures so you all will have to deal with what I can type and how I communicate.
 
This week and for the rest of the year church will be starting at 2:30. It is the latest time I have ever heard of and attended. It is different but it is good. It made fast Sunday really good. I look forward to this time and I think it will be a good change. There are 4 congregations that meet in the ward building. Two Spanish and two English. We, this year, have the latest time.
 
What also to talk about. there are a lot of people who want us to teach them. There have been many who we have talked to riding around that really want us to come by and who are sincere in their interest about the gospel. I am really excited for this next transfer. There is a lot of promise in the future. I look forward to what this ward will be able to accomplish and what we as missionaries can do and accomplish with he help of the Lord.
 
Oh. I thought that my scriptures were done for this week. They got quite wet and I thought that my markings would bleed through the pages and they would be terribly warped. I got a paper towel and was able to dry the pages in a weird way and my scriptures have very minimal warping and only in sections of less importance like the beginning of the Bible and the index tot he Book of Mormon. (Although they are both still important) The scriptures that I have i would never give up. If they were destroyed I would rather have my bike stolen and all of my stuff taken away than have my scriptures destroyed or lost. I love my scriptures. The notes in them are important to me. I love those scriptures. Hopefully they can make it till i get home. i am sure that they will.
 
I love you all and I thank you for your help with me and for your letters. I know I owe a lot of you letters and more. If I had the time I would write all of you. I love you all and I hope that this week goes well for you. Keep up the reading of the Book of Mormon. I am trying my best to find extra time to read and stay up with y'all. Stay strong and work hard.
 
love,
 
ELDER MARR

No comments:

Post a Comment