Monday, August 2, 2010

A YEAR AND THREE MONTHS

This week was not the best. Not terrible but just no body has been home. Elder Cayas and I have used up all of our miles for the last week of the month. So we had to be on bikes except for some things. And it was hot! Crazy hot. The humidity has been outrageous and then all the clouds left and there have been no clouds in days. It has been in the mid 90's most of the week. It is crazy. But sometimes sweating profusely is good for you. Gets all that junk out of your system. Besides lunches and dinners and other drinks given to us by members or investigators I drank 3 and 1/2 gallons of water this week. It felt good. I don't really like soda much anymore. Also when I drink a lot of soda it just doesn't refresh me like water does. But I have to have at least a glass every week or else I get sick of the taste of water. I have come to love the one drink that I hate. DR. PEPPER. I love it. But I can't drink it too often because it doesn't taste good if you have too much. Anyways back to the good stuff.
 
This week Elder Cayas and I have found several new people we are teaching as well many potential people who are interested in the gospel. Elder Cayas is a great guy with a wonderful testimony. He is a great Elder. Some of the new people we are teaching I do not know much about. We have taught them once maybe twice each so far. Also the investigators whom we did teach before these new people have almost all been out of town this week, in the hospital, or "busy." So this week we taught a lot less lessons that usual. But it was still a great week.
 
President Saylin came down from Sugar Land with most of his family for our Zone Meeting on Friday. It was Elder Jensen's last ZM so it was a little sad. He is staying focused but he is excited to go home as well. He has a girl that has been writing him that he plans on dating when he gets back. He's a good guy. Anyways, President Saylin came down and taught us how to use the Book of Mormon more effectively and shared his testimony of the gospel with us and a part of his conversion story that I had no idea about. He testified of the Book of Mormon and the power it has to change the hearts of others and let them be free and know the truth. It is the greatest tool in missionary work along with the spirit. I love the Book of Mormon. There is absolutely no way that it is false. There is no way to disprove it, there is only evidence that it is true, and even those who wrote the book know that what they are sitting and writing it so they dare us to ask God himself if it is NOT true. He even uses the word 'not' to show how much faith he has in the Lord that if you really ask and you are willing to follow your answer that even if you tell the Lord to show you that it is false that he will answer your prayer that it is true. I have been reading over Moroni's strong encouragements and how he is practically screaming at us to just follow what the Lord has told him to write and if you don't believe him to ask God.
 
Anyways, Elder Cayas and I have another busy P-Day. We have to get haircuts, shop, clean, get our oil changed and write letters. No time to nap. Sadly. But it is going to be a good day today. I am excited for this week and for the people that we will meet and the people that we are going to teach and the experiences that people are going to have over time that I am looking forward to. I just pray that everyone that I teach will just read the Book of Mormon and know that Jesus is the Christ. It is soooo important to realize how BIG that is. Sometimes I even take it for granted what the Lord has given me and that he has revealed himself to me through scripture.
 
I hope that this week goes well for all of you guys. I love you all with all my heart and I thank you for all things that you have done for me. 
 
love,
 
ELDER MARR 

No comments:

Post a Comment