Monday, August 23, 2010

OFF TO MY 5TH AREA

I'm getting transferred. I don't want to go. I know it is the will of the Lord but I love it here out in the country. I have a feeling that I will be sent to the city. Which will be pretty cool. I haven't been out there yet. I am also very sad to be leaving Elder Cayas. He is a good missionary and one of the many missionaries that I care for very much. He is a good guy and we were sad to hear that I would be leaving. But that is the way things go on a mission. The Lord has somewhere he wants me to be and a work for me to do. Bay City is a good place and I will miss the people dearly.
 
Now for the update on this past week. It was a pretty good one. People start school today so it was a little hard to pin down people to teach what with their children having to get things for school and the like. There were a few people who we normally teach one to two times a week that have been very busy. This week look like it is going to be going very well. With School in session nobody can go anywhere and they are stuck in town. It makes things more convenient for everybody. I came into Bay City the week that school got out and I am leaving the week it starts again.
 
I saw Elder Hansen on Thursday in Sugar Land. He is doing very well. He has lost a considerable amount of weight. He looks very healthy. I on the other hand am just starting to loose weight again. I put on just a few pounds but some areas do that to ya. Luckily we have been on bikes a lot. Yesterday was the hottest day so far this year. It was 101 not counting the humidity. Being so close to the gulf it gets very humid down here. A lot more than my past areas. So needless to say it has been very hot. If you are outside for a minute your whole body is sweating. It is strange to me now if I am outside and not sweating.
 
We had a number of great lessons with some of the people that we work with. One of them told us after we shared our message that he wants to be baptized and that he wants to know what he has to do in order to be baptized. He is a good guy. I hope that he is able to join the Lord's church soon. Besides the heat and many people not being around it was a good week. Good people and a lot of people that Elder Cayas and I talked to. We usually don't talk to more than 60 people a week on the streets during the week, because our town is so small. But this week we talked with about 130 people. Which is alot better for out here in Bay City. The people here are nice. I just hope that I don't get transferred to somewhere like Friendswood again. The people here are so much kinder than people who live there. But Friendswood was my favorite area so I guess I still loved it. Anyways now I am thinking out loud. Or typing. Which would it be? Anyways back to business.
 
I look forward to the change. I like change. Even though I feel like nothing can be better than where I am and who I am with there are things that the Lord wants me to do and Bay City is no longer the place he needs me. He needs me somewhere else. I wish I could have been here longer. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// sorry I fell asleep. Not really though I just thought it would add some excitement to my email. Because let's face it they are not too exciting. 
 
Anyways this week went well. I am excited to be able to tell yall about my new area when I get there. I know it will be a good place and I am excited for it. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I love you all and I continue to encourage you to share the gospel with your friends.
 
love,
 
ELDER MARR  

Where to send mail

4627 Austin Pkwy
Sugar Land, TX
77479

No comments:

Post a Comment