Monday, February 7, 2011

Transfered

I love this area and I don’t want to leave. Part of me felt it coming though. For some reason I knew that I was going to be transferred. This area was a great one. There are so many people that I am going to miss and that I have to stay in contact with the best that I can. I will miss this place. I feel like my next area though is going to be awesome. I have no idea where i am going but I know I will love it. It will most likely be my final area. That is scary to think. I really don’t realize how long I have been out. I feel like I just got out in the field and that I have years left to serve and to work. But it is coming to a close and I don’t want it to. There is still so much I need to do and so much that I can do. Elder Walker has been a good companion. He is a hard worker and we were able to get a lot accomplished. This area has such a bright future and is already going strong in the missionary work. And in the reactivation work.

Besides getting transferred this week was a little odd. They thought that it was going to snow. But it didn't. It just stayed in the mid 20's to mid 30's not counting the strong wind chill for two days. Elder Walker and I both got sick because we were not allowed to drive because of the ice and our bikes would have slipped too so we walked everywhere. We did talk with a lot of great people though. But it was not the best week for the work. We had a zone meeting as well and Elder Hougard was sick so one of us had to stay with him while Elder Schaat and Elder Walker or I would go out and work their area. We had some really good lessons this week. One to an investigator named Fitzroy. We have been working with him for a long time and he finally came to church. And church was awesome. We had a stake conference broadcast from Salt Lake. The speakers were Ann Dibb of the relief society presidency, Elder Martin of the 70, Elder M. Russel Ballard, and President Thomas S. Monson. It went for 2 hours and was magnificent. The spirit was strong and the talks were great. It was a broadcast to Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. I really enjoyed it. It is not a usual thing to be able to hear from the general authorities of the church every Sunday. Fitzroy enjoyed it and I believe is now going to start keeping more commitments.

This week I was also able to see some great missionary friends at zone meeting. It is odd to think that I met Elder Oliver and Elder Manoa 6 months ago. Time just flies. There is no other way to describe it. It just shocks me that everything travels so fast that it seems like you never have time to think about everything you have to take care of. It is a rush. I love it though. A busy mission is a lot better than a slow mission.

P.P.S. Next week will be long with information on my new area. I love you all and I hope that this week goes well for all of you. I am so grateful for all of your prayers and help which you have given to me. I wish that I could give back more. I love you all and have a great week.

love,

ELDER MARR

P.S. Keep reading from the Book of Mormon

No comments:

Post a Comment