Monday, December 20, 2010

Tiles, baptisms, and pictures of the sun

This week has been crazy busy. I cant believe how busy it has been. Then today has been even more crazy. With P-day ending early so that we can have some time on Christmas to relax as a zone. Ahhh P-day. So much to do and so little time. I cant believe that time goes by so fast. It always seems to go fast when you have stuff to do. It's good to though. At least we are always busy with important things to do.

So this past week was a good one. We had a lot of great things happen. The Lord has been so merciful to me in letting me feel of his love and showing me that this is not my mission but his and I am just an instrument in his hands. I know this to be true. I cannot express enough how much I feel like I don't deserve what the Lord gives to me. I am so flawed and all I have comes short of the mark. But he loves me still so much and is patient with me in all that I do. I love the Lord so much and I know that I can do better in all things. This time of year always makes me reflect on the past year and what has happened. I love you all and I thank you for all that you have done for me. I may not write letters or even shoot an email but know that I love you all so much. I wish that I could send you something for Christmas. The truth is that as all missionaries I have no money and I don't have any time to think of what to get people for Christmas. The greatest joy that comes to me is making other people happy. I hope that you all will be happy with what I can give. I cannot give much but I love you all. It seems like time and money are something that I do not have. But it reminds me of the true meaning of Christmas. This time is the time to celebrate and commemorate the Saviors mission and birth. Although he was not born on Christmas this is the time that we spend to think of Him. I try to love him with all that I have and I hope that one day I truly can have my eye single to His glory in its fullness.

I am going to tell all of you what I truly want for Christmas.

I want you to go to the temple.
I want you to find out if this Church and its teaching are the truth.
I want you to go back to church and start attending regularly.
I want you to spend the day with someone to cheer them up.
I want you to sacrifice your time.
I want you to repent and give up that sin that you don't want to give up.
I want you to pray.
I want you to love.

I am not perfect at all. I lack in so much and I know that unless it was the hand of God that I would not be out here on a mission. He has changed my life and I still want Him to change it some more. I have much to change and I have much that I can do for the Lord with more zeal and with more sincerity. I will try my best to give of myself this season and think of you when appropriate. I love you all.

I love you all and I wish you all a very happy and merry Christmas,

love,

ELDER MARR

No comments:

Post a Comment