Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TRANSFER 10

Wow. Time flies by way too fast. So here is the update on transfers. Elder Jensen and I talked a lot on our theories about what was going to happen and we weren't even close. Elder Jensen will be training an English missionary here in Angleton and I am getting transferred. I have no idea where I am going but I am excited to go to a new area. I will miss this area a whole lot. Angleton is a great place with a number of great people that I have gotten close to. I will especially miss Elder Jensen. We have had such a good time together as missionary companions. He is also one of my best friends. He is a great guy and I am very sad that we were only able to be with each other for one transfer. But that is what the Lord wants for each of us. I am willing to go anywhere but I just hope that it is in a car. This week in the daytime averaged around 92 degrees and some days in the afternoon getting really humid and up to 97 degrees. That sounds real hot but I am pretty used to it by now. It really isn't that bad. I am going to freeze when I go back home in a year. I heard that it has been rainy and cold in the 50's in Washington. That is crazy. I don't know if I will like the cold as much as I did before the mission.

This week was alright. I don't mean to sound like it was bad or anything but it was a little slow. People left town for the weekend and were working more hours to be able to take it off work and stuff. So we had many canceled appointments and many people we could not get lessons with after the first few days of the week. So we tried to find new people to teach and to follow up with some people we haven't seen in a while. It went alright. We had a good time this week it was just that not alot happened. It was one of the most basic weeks and slow weeks I have had but that is how it goes sometimes. It
Somethings I will talk about are the mosquitoes. They are terrible. Elder Jensen a few days back got bit 17 times on his legs. They are relentless and there are a ton of them. We have heard stories from people that a few years back they got so bad out in the country that sometimes they would swarm and a cow would try to run through them but they would swarm it and attack it. Sometimes cows died because so many of them get into it's nose and throat that it clogs it and the animal can't breath and dies. I know that is sad but that is how many mosquitoes we have here. They have trucks that drive down the streets that spray stuff to keep the mosquitoes away from he streets and houses. It helps a little and from talking with the people here the mosquito problem has gone down a lot in the past years.

Also so more weather updates. We have had a few thunderstorms barely pass over us or go by us a few miles away and they are awesome. I love thunder and lightning. It can get so loud and it sooo cool. Elder Jensen told me a story one time about lighting. He and another missionary were driving their car at night back to the apartment. There was a thunderstorm and it was right on top of them. Then they see a huge flash and thunder louder than they had ever heard it before. Right when this happens their mirrors blow out. A lighting bolt had hit a few feet away from the car causing this. They pulled over in shock and waited for things to die down. A few days later they went to the mission office to get new mirrors.

Anyways life is pretty good. I just hope I don't get a bike area in this heat. But now that I said that I probably will. The Lord likes to give you things that will challenge you and things that you may not want at the moment. So we will see what happens. I did love being in a car though. It was sweet!

Sorry this is all I have to say. Life is good it just is about the same. I will have a lot to say when I get transferred into my next area. i will tell all yall all about it. I have an inclination that I might be staying in this stake, but we will have to see.

I love you all and I hope that you have a great week.

love,

Elder Devon J. Marr

No comments:

Post a Comment