Monday, June 21, 2010

A long week & a busy week

For some strange reason this week was very long. However it was really busy. It was the best week we have had here I think. Especially Father's Day. Soooo busy. I love it when you are busy, or you have a good plan for the day. Just a quick update on heat. It has been in the mid 90's in the day and 85 ish in the night. It has been really hot and you can't hold back the sweat. The humidity is what kills ya. You can't escape it. Shade makes no difference in the heat. Everything feels the same unless you are in an air conditioned car or home. Which is awesome.

I will start with an update of today. This email is a little later than usual because we were taken golfing by a few members. I didn't take my camera but some people did so I will have pictures. It was alot of fun. I really stink at golf so there was no skill involved but I make a few good hits. Lost 3 balls in the water but it's all good. I actually think that it was skill though because it was harder to hit the water than the green. Anyways it was alot of fun and I haven't done something for a P-Day in a while. Last week we cleaned and got hair cuts. I also went to Wharton for an exchange with ELDER SHARP. That was alot of fun but we were on foot and bikes 90% of the working day. So we were drinking alot of water.

The ward had an activity this week. It was on Friday. It was a blast. We had an investigator come and he loved it. The ward has just made him feel a part of the ward family. He loves it. He would be baptized if his parents allowed him but he was to wait a few months until he turns 18. His name is Daniel. He is a great kid. Talk about a mighty change of heart. He didn't really know the purpose of life and just felt lost. So when he heard about the Book of Mormon he read it all in under a month. He just ate it up and he keeps his testimony strong even though he does not have the gift of the Holy Ghost. He is a good guy and a good friend.

So anyways back to the ward activity. We played ultimate Frisbee and cooked BBQ for the activity. It was alot of fun. I really love this ward. The members are really nice and they intergrate us well in the ward. Everyone knows our names and a little bit about us. It is smaller. Around 50-70 people come to church every week and they are all way friendly. It is really great. The ward activity was fun. We encouraged a less active fanily to come to it and they came and it was like they were the life of the party. It was awesome. They had a great time.

So many little things happened that really don't matter at all that I don't know which ones to talk about. We thought that we were going to be meeting Reshard Lewis who plays for the Magic and formerly played for the Sonics. We are teaching his father who is a really awesome guy. But instead of coming to little old Bay City we think that he flew the family out of town to be able to see them. I don't know if I mentioned this in my last email so if I did just forget that I said anything.

I just want to talk for a moment about the sacrament. I have had the privilege of being able to bless or pass the sacrament the past two weeks. I appreciate it so much more now that I know more about what it means and the results of taking it. Whenever I am able to use the priesthood it is a great blessing. I can feel the spirit as I do the things that the Savior would be doing if he were there. But he has given us the blessing of being able to be authorized to do it in his behalf. It is sooo great. I was in a bad mood for a few days and after I helped pass the sacrament I have been happy since. It makes you think about what really matters in life and putting some things above others.

Well I don't have a ton of time. Also ELDER HANSEN has been done for a few minutes and I don't want to keep him waiting. I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week this week. I also hope that everyone had a great Father's Day. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment