Monday, April 5, 2010

Mcbusy week

This week was busy. I liked it. I am sorry that I did not send out any Easter letters or Joelica letters or any letters last week. I got really sick and had to deal with that. So I guess the week wasn't busy when I was sick but this week we always had something we really had to do. Which is awesome. I am glad to be over my sickness now. It was a form of the flu and was not very pleasant. Sister Saylin told me that some other missionaries have been getting this as well over the past month. So it wasn't like I was going to die.

This past week apart from that was good. We had our zone conference this past Wednesday. It was really great. This mission continues to do very well and to grow. Elder Johnson and I were not able to stay for all of it but it was great. I have learned some really great things that I will be able to apply to my area and to myself. As well this week was Joelica, Easter, and General Conference.

General Conference was amazing. In my opinion there have been certain talks that I have liked more than some of the talks given but overall this was the best conference that I have ever heard. The talks all flowed so well and everything talked about was great. In my opinion the Saturday session of conference was the best. There was so much shared and so many things that I learned that I can apply to my life to be a better person. That is the job of the Prophet, apostles, and other leaders. It is to say the Lord's will that we need to change and that the way we have been living our lives is good but that we can be better and then they tell us how we can be better. It is a great experience. I always love to say that that is our mission as missionaries. It is to tell people how to be better and as we teach we learn how we can be better ourselves. It is awesome.

This week the temperature has turned up quite a bit. It is cooler today but two days ago it was around 85 degrees. With humidity of course. So the heat is starting early. It will only get hotter and hotter and hotter. I have grown to like the heat more but the only problem with it is that you cannot escape the heat or humidity even if you have air conditioning. You cannot get away from it. When you are cold you can get warm but when you are hot it is hard to get cold. It will be interesting to see if I am in a bike area in the summer. I sure hope not but time will tell.

Today we will be having a zone activity BBQ. It sounds like a lot of fun. I am excited to go. Except we have a lot of other things to get done so it will be alot more rushed. I love the missionaries here. They are lots of fun and they are all hard workers. I especially love my district and my companion. I have always been blessed with great companions and great missionaries around me. I have got the feeling like I am going to keep having great companions that I love very much.

I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week and that you had a good Easter. Always remember what Easter really is and what it truly represents. I only echo that of all the prophets when I say that Jesus Christ is real and that he did rise from the grave. And because he has death has no victory over us.

love,

Elder Devon Joel Marr

P.S.
steak COOKIES !

No comments:

Post a Comment