Monday, January 11, 2010

FREEZE

Hello EVERYBODY!!!! This week has been freezing!! It has been extremely cold for here with the temperature one day being 26 degrees with a wind chill of 11. So this week we have tried to get rides with some members who have been available. One day we were riding our bikes and we needed to go down a road that crosses over a bridge in a more residential area. We rode up and there was a sign blocking the road that said the bridge is being rebuilt and would be done by 1/30/10. The start date for the project was 8/?/09. We rode up to were they were doing construction but no one was there. All there was, was a huge gap and nothing built. I don’t think they will have it done by the end of the month. So we had a little extra riding which was no problem but for people who live there they have to take a long detour.

My writing skills have faded away as you have probably been able to tell over the past few emails. I am just not that interesting I guess. But this week was good. We have started to teach the lessons to some great people who we have met. One of them we met 3 weeks ago and then never talked to him since then. He came to our mind one day randomly so we thought we would try him again and he invited us in for a lesson. He is a really cool guy and he is going to school to be a cook. We are actually meeting with him again today.

Two days ago Elder Robertson and I noticed that he had run over a nail. Anyways he ran over a nail and it was huge. It completely destroyed his tire so we are going in today to fix it. I have taken pictures so you will get to see it eventually. Luckily it happened at the end of the day Saturday so we really haven’t needed to be on bikes since then.

This week was a little sad for me. Elder Olsen who is someone that I got very close to in Rosenberg is going home in 2 weeks and I will not see him again. He is so cool. There are a lot of missionaries that I am close to that are going home. Like him, Voeks, Cambell, and Manning. I love them all and they are all great missionaries who I will miss a lot.

There have been a lot of great things going on in this mission. The Lord is blessing us very much. I am sorry but I have to cut it short this week because we have a lot of stuff to do. I love you all and have a great week!

Love,

Elder Marr

No comments:

Post a Comment