Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My week

It’s cold again. It warmed up last week and the beginning of this week but it has been cold the past few days. It also rained last night so it is really cold and wet. I actually prefer the colder weather as opposed to the weather in the summer.

SO my bike is terrible. It has been handed down for at least 5 years and is just terrible. Luckily there is a member who just got home from his mission who gave me his bike. It is really nice. He has only ridden it 3 times and just gave it to me. I am really appreciative of him and what he is doing for me. The bike is a lot nicer and works a lot better.

We have two new missionaries in our district. Elder Wang, who was one of Elder Robertson’s companions in Angleton. He is cool. It’s not common to see a 6”4 Chinese guy. And Elder Roberts. Him ad his twin brother are both in this mission. He is a nice guy and a good leader who wants us to be the best we can.

Church was really good this week. Brother Shefield talked about how if you do something one way then you will always get the same results. For better or for worse. He is a great guy and the other two talks were really good. I have really enjoyed this ward. They all are intelegent and have done a really good job in their callings. Also there are a lot of good people whi are reverant but not afraid to have fun. It is a great ward.

This week our ward mission leader’s wife’s dad passed away. The funeral was actually a really good experience. There were a lot of non-members there and the ward mission leader and the bishop talked about the restoration of the gospel and the plan of salvation. I know that it touched some of them and it is a good thing to let others know that families can be together forever.

This week I don’t have much to talk about. I do want you guys to know something that is not that cool. So the only letters that I have received have been from Blaine, Danielle, and the “dear elder” letters. I have heard from some of you that you have sent letters but until I said you could send the letters to the member’s house again I have not received anything else. So if you have sent me a letter and I have not written back then that is why. I am sorry and will try to respond to the letters I do receive.

Yall have a great week and I will send another email next week.

Love ya,

Elder Devon J. Marr

No comments:

Post a Comment