Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The past two weeks

I know that I didn't give an update last week and this weeks update will be very short. I have been busy with more important things and personal matters. I do want to say that life is going pretty well here in Texas. We have alot of people that we have been teaching and talking to the past two weeks. One lady we talked to told us last week that she would read the book of Mormon by today. We are goin over there to follow up with her about that. The Book of Mormon is one of our greatest tools. It will bring more comfort and more support than anything that I can think of. It testifies of Jesus Christ and gives us another witness of his reality. I have found alot of support from this "book". With everything that I have I encourage you all and invite you all to read it and to pray and ask God if the book is true. Even if you have received an answer it does not matter. I pray about the book on a frequent basis. I have learned more from it and changed more because of it than anything else in my life. It will only make you a better person. It will only make you happier. And it will only bring more peace into your life. The Book of Mormon is God's word to us and is true.

These past two weeks Elder Robertson and I have had alot going on. We moved into our new apartment and we are more central in our area. We taught a couple when we first got here and they were not very interested. But recently they have been coming to church and have called us to come and to teach them again. You always hope that this will happen and with them it has.

We had a little scare on Thursday this past week. Anyone who has served a mission will know how intense this is. So Thursday is our planning day and Elder Robertson and I are not bad at planning. We are doing our planning session when we get a phone call. It is President Saylin. He tells us that he is at the church building and would like to come over to sit in on our planning session. We were so nervous. We had no ides this was going to happen. So he came and it wasn't as scary as we thought. It was actually very good. he brought us lunch and everything. President Saylin is a great man and a great leader of the mission. He encouraged us to try to talk to 10 people a day each and to never let a week go by that we didn't talk to 70 new people. We have interviews with him this week and he is a wonderful man.

I am sorry that I did not write much. I am keeping busy and we are finding alot of people and teaching alot of people. I love Friendswood and I will try to send a better email next week. I love you all and I encourage all of you to find comfort in the Lord and in his words.

love,

Elder Devon J. Marr

No comments:

Post a Comment