Monday, November 9, 2009

TRANFERED!!!!!!!

SANDRA SEGRIN GOT BAPTIZED LAST SATURDAY!!!!! I am so happy. Even though I was transferred far away a member gave us a ride back to Rosenberg for the baptism. I took pictures so I will make sure that I send some of them home. It is so cool!!! Also in our mission we get to go to sealings or endowments of former investigators. I know that she will stay active so it will be great to go to the temple in a year’s time. I am so happy about this. But it is not what counts as a good missionary. Some missionaries here think that baptisms mean that you are a good missionary. That is not true. What makes a good missionary is someone who works there very best and as hard as they can to help others get closer to exaltation. It is great though to be able to see the blessings of the gospel in someone else’s life.

I got transferred. I got the call on Monday morning as you already know. I said goodbye to all my good friends in Rosenberg. I have pictures. They are small but I will be sending them home soon. If you can find a scanner you can maybe scan them into the computer. Anyways I will be sending those hopefully today or tomorrow. I love this work and I will miss Rosenberg. I already do.

I will cut to the chase. I have been transferred to the Friendswood 1st ward. This is about an hour and twenty minutes east of Rosenberg. It is way different. The people are different, the feel is different, the members are different, even the way the buildings are made is way different. I feel like I am in a different country. It is a bike area. It is pretty big for a bike area. I love being on a bike though. You get to talk to all the people on the street and you don’t have to worry about mile limitations.

So at transfer meeting President Saylin goes through the people and where they are going. He says that I am going to be with Elder Robertson. After the meeting Elder Robertson walks up to me and says “So how is the ward?” I say “Do you mean Rosenberg?” He says “It’s not your area?” Then Elder Call, one of the AP’s, walks up, hands us a map, and tells us that we are whitewashing.(Whitewashing is called different things in different missions. It is when both missionaries are transferred out of an area and two new ones come in there place). So we were handed a map, were told that an area book was on the table were we stayed, and good luck. I am so happy.

Elder Robertson has been out for 14 months. He got here two days before hurricane Ike. He is a great missionary who is a hard working and is trying his best. I am honored to serve with him. He loves pictures so we will be taking a lot of them. Elder Garcia is now companions with Elder Whippy. Elder Whippy is awesome too. He is from Australia. He is so cool. If I ever have the money I am going down there to visit him after the mission. Anyway Rosenberg has changed a lot too this transfer. There is another pair of Spanish missionaries covering Needville and Rosenberg south of the 59.

In our district there are Elders Persian and Kropp. Also we have Elder Maw and Nielsen, our zone leaders, in our district. They have a van. It is pretty cool. They are all pretty cool. I do miss the missionaries from Rosenberg because they are awesome and I will just miss there coolness. Elder Robertson and I are very excited to push the work forward in this area. The ward is very willing to help with missionary work. The Bishop here is doing a great job helping the ward and our ward mission leader is doing a great job as well. Our Bishop is very spiritual and follows the spirit in all that he does. This area has so much potential.

The past few days Elder Robertson and I have been visiting members and meeting them. This has been our main focus because we don’t have many investigators. Getting to know the members is always a great first step. Many members here are not afraid to share the gospel with their friends or families. It is great to see other people be blessed because of their willingness to share the gospel with their friends. Many people are scared that their friends really already know or they won’t accept it but when they put it on the line and talk to it about people they receive great blessings. I love the members in this ward.

So the other day we were riding our bikes to visit one of the members. We were riding down a residential neighborhood when I saw something strange. There on my right, just eating grass, was a huge pig. This neighborhood is a lot like my neighborhood at home. It wasn’t on a chain or restrained in any way. We got a good laugh out of how random it was to see this pig.

We live with a member. Her name is Magda Adams. It is strange because we can’t enter a single ladies home just us. But in housing situations it is alright. She is very cool. She is older and she has a good heart and is very nice. She is a great person to be around. She was baptized rather recently only a year ago. She told us that she would prefer it to send our mail to her address rather than the mission address. (It gets to us faster). So her address is

701 Mary Ann Dr.
Friendswood, TX
77546

I love this area. I love my mission. I love teaching people the gospel. I love the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is so great. It is as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. The spirit ALWAYS has something that it can teach you from reading it. I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week. I look forward to telling you haw my first full week has been. I love you all and have a great week.

Love,

Elder Devon Joel Marr

No comments:

Post a Comment