Monday, October 12, 2009

"My head looks like a wet dog"

Hello everyone back at home. This week was alright. It was an uplifting week that felt good and had lots of happiness but for the most part things went a little slow this week. The area took a little dip in the way it has been going before this week. Things have been getting better but this past week was, like I said, a little slow. But the work presses onward and this coming week we already have several good planned appointments.

I am sorry for not sending any letters last week. I got busy on Monday then I remembered that we aren’t supposed to write letters during the week so for those who have recently or long ago have sent me letters let me say that I am sorry.

This week we had birthdays for Mark and one of our investigators sons Isaiah (sp?). So it was nice to see them happy. This week has been a happy week although a little slow. It has been much cooler here this past week. It has been rainy and overcast all week. Reaching during the day about a high of 70 and a low of 64 so it has been rather cool. I feel more at home this past week maybe that’s why I think it has been so nice.

Our phone broke so we had to drive to the mission office to get a new one. All of our numbers were deleted so this week people would call and we would have no idea who they are. It made things a little more exciting. Our mission is doing well. Zone conference is this week and I am looking forward to that. Also Elder Garcia’s 18 month mark is on Friday. Mine will be one month from Friday. I can’t believe that time has gone by so fast. I feel like I just got here but yet I feel like I have been here for a long time. I am going to miss Rosenberg when I do leave it. Although there are some strange characters there are some really great people that I have become very close to over these past few months.

Sorry my emails are so boring I wish that I would have prepared something better. I think last week I said I would but I thought that the library was going to be closed today because it is Columbus Day but I was wrong and didn’t prepare anything. We are also getting our hair cuts today. I need one bad. My head looks like a wet dog. Anyways I love the work. I wouldn’t choose anything else to do than to serve a mission. Feeling and being led by the spirit are the best things that you can do and I just love it so much. I love teaching people and hearing their life experiences then being able to give them something from the restored gospel that helps them and leads them to the Lord. I know that my email is short but I am going to end it. I love you all and I bear you my testimony that I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the priesthood has been restored, that the Book of Mormon is true, and that Joseph Smith was called of God as a prophet to bring in the dispensation of the fullness of times. I love you all and I hope that you have a good week. I know that I said this last week but I will definitely prepare something to say in my email next week. I can think of a few stories to share but without my journal they would be presented horribly.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment